Sunday, January 14, 2007

Is it Monday yet!

So my cat Spot is going to be spayed tomorrow. Not soon enough I tell you. The vet scheduled her for mid month but she certainly missed the boat on this one. I know that she could not be certain of a date but in my mind I wish that she had scheduled her a week earlier like I wanted. Momma is always right. LOL For the past 5 days Spot has been going at it. I love her dearly but she is driving me insane. I am losing on the precious little sleep that I get. I have never had the privilege of being around a cat during their special time so some of the stuff is very strange to me. I also never wish to go through this again. At the same time, I am nervous for her. I know it is routine but I always get nervous with surgeries. I have never had surgery myself so the whole thought of getting cut up does not sit well with me.

The good thing is I had a wonderful break yesterday. Had a fab time with all the girlies at the crop at the Nook. Did alot of talking, had a lot of laughs, and this time I actually did something. Patti and I created a box for the St. Catherines hospital. They have a program that when a woman loses her baby, she is sent home with a box that contains a polaroid photo and the hat within a little decorated memory box. One of our customers daughters lost her baby and received one of these boxes from the hospital a year ago. The anniversary is approaching and the family decided that they would love to contribute to the creation of the boxes as a way of healing and giving back. Mom and daughter asked for some help with this project. It is such a wonderful thing and am glad that I could participate. I was so touched to see how the Nook ladies participated in this and how many boxes we all created. She went home yesterday with 12 boxes and we even inspired the daughter, who does not craft, to make her very own first box. It touches my heart to see so many women contributing to this wonderful project. This will be an ongoing thing for the Nook and we will be creating these little boxes on an ongoing basis as there is need for them at the hospital.

We also had a fab time at dinner as always. We always laugh so hard I get an awesome workout and it hopefully helped toward my consumption last night. I am hoping that my weigh in results tomorrow will be good but am afraid after last nights dinner. I did not go overboard and had no dessert but it was certainly no low fat, low cal dinner. But it was scrumptious. Cannot wait to meet up with the ladies again.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Crikey that was a long post! Spot will be fine.....no worries! Just a little snip, snip! Had an awesome time yesterday too!

Heather said...

I had a blast too. The box you guys created was fabulous!! The hospital/families will so appreicate that.

Hope everything goes well with your cat tommorrow.

lacintha said...

hey E...jsut stopping by...good luck with the kitty..and you sound so motivated on the getting fit! Kudos to you girl!

Amy said...

I hope that ms spot no longer has to worry about any such girly issues again!! no fun for you for sure!!

It was wonderful to get together again and hang and laugh!! Much needed giggles for sure!!

lacintha said...

Update time Flip! :)

Teresa (aka tmom) said...

Yay Spot should be coming home tomorrow. right? I bet you can't wait!