Saturday, December 30, 2006

Trash Talk

Um yeah okay. So I am a spaz!!! I am gonna talk trash here, literally. The City of Toronto delivers these trash/recycling day calendars so we can all keep track of what goes out and the day. So I think to myself, with the holidays I should be a responsible trash citizen and look this up and discover that the green bin garbage and recycling goes out Saturday instead of Friday this week. Excellent!!! I have a whole extra day to do this. Most of the people on my street do not follow the calendar and throw out as usual. So, I am in bed and do not have to worry about getting up early for work as I have the day off, yeah for me!!! It is about 7 am and I hear the distinct sound of the garbage truck and get up and you got it - the truck is a coming!!! You gotta love the girl who is out in the street in her jeans and long shirt jammies tucked in and all bunched up in the butt (like it needs any more padding) with crocs dragging out the green bin and recycling. That must have been great gossip for the old european neighbours, which is practically everyone on the street, for the next week at least. You know they are all at their windows checking out whats what. I am even sure that by now I was not even taking out the trash anymore, but probably lost my mind and doing some kind of nature dance. LOL My only saving grace is the fact that my immediate next door neighbour was out there barefoot in her jammies taking out her stuff too. I really hope that no one lost their eyesight and that no severe emotional scarring occurred. I just know though that one day in the very near future I will turn on the tv and there I will be.

Sorry for the boring trash post but it was an embarrassing ordeal for me. At least I can laugh about. I think.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Garbage stinks! BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!

Sorry about your luck doll!

Anonymous said...

Well if it makes you feel any better, I take out the trash probably twice a month in my pjs!! LOL!! Don't ya hate when they come on a day they aren't expected though! Grrrr...

Teresa (aka tmom) said...

He, he, he, sorry to laugh, but your story is funny! I am so glad I can leave that job to to dh!

Sue Sykes said...

LOL! At least you didn't FLIP while running out to meet the truck!

Hope your holidays were happy, despite this emotionally scarring event! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I can comment now! Thanks for looking after that Elia! And hey, I don't blame you for running out to catch the garbage truck - the first garbage pick up after Christmas cannot be missed! A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!

Heather said...

LOL!! I have done it too. Usually involves dh forgetting to put something out.