Sunday, April 8, 2007

It's Easter



Happy Easter!

I woke up this morning to a white Easter - something is just wrong with that. It was just a light dusting of snow but, it's just not right IMO. Mother Nature is obviously confused. LOL Does the Easter Bunny still come out in the snow. Not that I need chocolate but it is always fun. Makes you feel like a kid again.

Well its been the same hectic Easter preparations as always. Spent Good Friday doing my favourite thing with mom - baking sweet bread. I tell you if it wasn't so yummy, I just couldn't justify spending the whole day doing it. We managed to find some time (in between risings), to head out to the Easter procession held by one of the local churches. Good Fridays are always about tradition. It is actually what I look forward to every Easter.

Spent yesterday exchanging the sweet breads with family and friends. It always makes me laugh, you take someone a sweet bread and you always get one back. It's a vicious cycle and you never really get rid of them so you actually end up eating all these breads except some are yours and the rest were created by others. I guess that is part of the Easter tradition too. LOL The rest of the day, I had company over and had some nice visits.

I am hoping to spend a quieter day today with Easter dinner and church later this afternoon.

Tomorrow is my sister's birthday and we are going to see Il Divo. That should be interesting.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Love hearing about your Easter traditions E!! TFS!! Hope you enjoy your day today!!

Gaspegirl said...

hehehe... we made Hot Cross Buns on Friday too!! Hope you had a great Easter...

Crystal said...

Traditions are good stuff!! I'm glad you got to hang out with your mom. How was the concert? I'm thinking that I should try to go next time they come to the west. Have a good day, my friend!